Whenever replacing any hardware components in Cisco UCS blade or Rack mount server integrated with UCSM, server needs to be decommissioned from the UCSM before doing this. Hardware replacement can be done to fix the faulty hardware or to upgrade the hardware.
Before making below steps, Perform graceful shutdown of applications, operating system which running on the server.
- Login into Cisco UCS Manager
- In the Navigation pane, click the Equipment tab.
- On the Equipment tab, expand Equipment > Chassis -> Server.
- Choose the server that you want to decommission.
- Click the General tab in the right side pane.
- In the Actions area, Click Server Maintenance and select Decommission and click OK.
7. Click Yes, when Cisco UCS Manager displays dialog box for confirmation.
8. Navigate to the FSM tab and check the progress of Decommission
This process may take several minutes to complete. After the server has been removed from the configuration, Cisco UCS Manager adds the server to the Decommissioned tab.